The SPIRTO project finished on 31 May 2015. This website remains online as a reference archive.
There are four distinct phases to the project:
- A systematic review of the existing academic and non-academic literature and studies to explore current knowledge about self-generated sexual content.
- An analysis of archival material related to identified children and young people whose sexual images have been distributed on the Internet.
- Interviews with young people who have taken sexual images of themselves, which have been uploaded to the Internet.
- The creation of workshop material for professionals and parents to help build an understanding of the issue and promote more effective ways of communicating with young people.
The outcomes for the project are:
- A written review of existing publications and an online bibliography.
- Reports related to the analysis of archival data and interview data.
- A piloted ai???tool kitai??i?? for professionals and parents, which will include digital media.
Findings from the research and the interviews will be used to share with young people, the general public, practitioners and researchers in order to empower change through research and training.
Download SPIRTO flyerAi??(pdf)